Sunday, October 30, 2016

Sincerely Giving Thanks – November 2016 Visiting Teaching Handout

For the month of November, we (L.D.S. Relief Society Visiting Teachers) are directed to choose a talk from the October General Conference session to give as a visiting teaching message.  My thoughts were directed towards the month of November and Thanksgiving.  Thinking along those lines, I enjoyed the talk given by President Henry B. Eyring, titled….”Gratitude on the Sabbath Day”.  In this talk, he stated that the Lord instructed the Saints, in 1831 that their prayers and thanks should be directed heavenward.  They, and we, were told by the Lord how to worship and give thanks on the Sabbath.
So with the message presented by President Eyring, my thoughts again were turned to Thanksgiving and Giving Thanks.  It was then that I remembered coming across a quote by President Monson, given in October of 2010, titled…”The Divine Gift of Gratitude.  In his talk, President Monson made the statement about Sincerely Giving Thanks.  With that, and seeing a few ideas on the internet, I made my version of his quote into a handout.

image

3 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love this! Thanks and have a wonderful week!

LeAnn said...

I love this thoughts so much! We have been wondering what kind of message we can leave when we make visits; this is perfect. Thanks you for sharing. Love and hugs~

Seth and Natalie said...

That is so cute, I love it!