Friday, October 7, 2016

October Horseshoe Tree

Decisions, decisions, decisions!  It took me forever to decided what I wanted to put on my Halloween Horseshoe Tree.  While in Utah during Labor Day Weekend, I went to Michael’s craft store to find something to put on my tree.  Wowziers………Michael’s had tons of stuff, making it very difficult for me to make up my other mind.  I finally decided on little witch hats and mixed it up with orange, black and green glitter balls and green glitter spiders.  I wanted fun Halloween decorations without getting into gory stuff.  I used the same ribbon bow that I made for September, and I’ll probably use it for November, too.  When I got it all decorated, it was just what I wanted.  If only it hadn’t taken so long to get my other mind to kick in gear……..stood in Michael’s looking & thinking for quite some time.
IMG_3485
IMG_3490  IMG_3492
IMG_3491  IMG_3493
IMG_3500
And this is how I finished the entire desk top:
IMG_3484
IMG_3499  IMG_3501
As my husband and I were out driving a few weeks ago, I saw some cattails growing along the side of the road.  Yes, we had to stop and get some for my decorations.  It had been raining off and on for a few days and I didn’t have anything to cut the stems with.  It was not an easy task trying to get the wet stems to break off.  I ended up twisting and twisting each stem to finally get a really frazzled break.  The cattails were also full of water so I set them on our back utility sink for a few days to dry out and then I really sprayed/soaked them good with hair spray so they wouldn’t fuzz out when they totally dried.
IMG_3502  IMG_3504
IMG_3505
  IMG_3488
I’m thinking there may be a few more changes before I’m done.  Not sure if I will take the time, but I keep looking at it thinking, it needs something different…..take something away add something else, or just take something away.  As I walk by the desk numerous times a day, I’ll keep thinking on it.  You know, that “Other Mind” thingy plays a big role in my life – ha!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks good to me even the spiders... another fun creation to enjoy for the holiday..Max


Anonymous said...

Hi!

Your October-scape is adorable . . . all but the spiders, I hate spiders. even plastic ones...eeeeekkkkk! You do such cute things with your horseshoe tree!

Hugs,
Barb

LeAnn said...

I think it looks great! You are very creative. I wouldn't change a thing. I would say it is a very lovely October Halloween creation and lovely isn't a creepy word. It really is awesome. Hugs for you!