Monday, October 3, 2016

How Big Is A Moose

Ok, really....I don't think these moose realize how big they are and what they do to my yard.  There are big scrapes on the front yard grass and craters on the new drive-way gravel we just had put in.  Hmmm, I guess if you want to be around nature, you have to put up with nature, right?!


This moose was in our field yesterday and there were people stopping and taking pictures, which scared him so he was running in different directions trying to get away.  And of course, I was standing at my dining room window watching it all take place and taking video shots.  This young bull was fun to watch as he came closer, and closer to our home, running right past the window.  He came so close I had to hurry and try to zoom out as far as I could to get him all in the view finder.  He was moving faster than I was and I was having a hard time judging where I needed the camera to be and thus, I kept cutting off part of his face.

Shortly after having the moose in the field, we had five deer on the lawn.  Yessiree, you've go to love nature to live at our home.
 

4 comments:

Lura Parsons said...

Great Pictures of Moose & Deer!!!

Anonymous said...

Neat pictures. Looks like they did a number alright on your driveway. He is a pretty good size for a young bull..
Max

Anonymous said...

Hi!

That was a huge moose!! I love your wild life . . . well, all the wild life that we get to see in your yard that is!!

Hugs,
Barb

LeAnn said...

Wow, that video is awesome. Moose are so big; do stay safe. I do love deer and that is a great shot of the dear. You are having quite the adventure with nature. Blessings and hugs~