Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Pickled Beets 10-10-2016

Ok, I’m thinking that my pickled beets are the last of the canning for this year.  I say, “I’m thinking”, because I say that a lot and then something else comes up and out comes the canning supplies.  I didn’t do as many beets as I usually do but 21 is good enough.  The past few years we have eaten so many pickled beets that we decided not to do as many this year and we still have some left from last year.  But, when all is said and done, pickled beets are great just plain out of the bottle as a side to meals and putting on green salads.  They sure are pretty when bottled with that dark reddish purple color.

IMG_3547

IMG_3554

IMG_3555

IMG_3556

IMG_3557

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look just like the ones we did at my house when you came to utah in September...It was fun doing them with you and Britt...max

Anonymous said...

Hi Marsha~

Pickled beets are one of my favorite condiments . . . I promise, I could just sit down and eat a whole bottle myself, I love them. I know you will just love opening a bottle of your home canned yumminess during the cold winter months and enjoy - summer!

Hugs,
Barb

LeAnn said...

I love pickled beets! I admire all of the beautiful bottles of your handiwork! Blessings and hugs!

Seth and Natalie said...

Can you please come help me pickle my beets too? I just don't have the ambition. Your pretty jars are helping with that though!