Thursday, October 13, 2016

One Tomato…..Or Two?

A few weeks ago, I traveled to Utah to spend some time with family.  While there, my cousin showed me his tomato patch….talk about tomatoes, they were everywhere.  Before leaving to come back to Idaho, he picked me a bunch of totally green tomatoes so I could come home, let them ripen, and have tomatoes for a month or so.  They have been great eating.  I love tomatoes in many recipes but one of my favorite ways to eat a tomato is a tomato in one hand and a salt shaker in the other. 
This tomato was such a different/strange looking tomato that I had to take pictures of it.  The bottom part of it ripened and the top part stayed green.  It took quite awhile for the top part to catch up and turn the same color as the bottom.  While in its two-colored state, we tried lifting the top part to see if it was one tomato or two but at that time, we couldn’t tell because the top part wouldn’t lift enough for us to see.  A few week later, this past  Tuesday, both parts were ripe enough to eat so I broke it apart to put in a meal with some macaroni and hamburger.  I still don’t know if it was one tomato, or two…..parts of it were combined like one tomato but other parts were separated like two.  Very Strange Tomato.

IMG_3358

IMG_3360

IMG_3361

3 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

That is one weird tomato to be sure, but the red part looks delicious. It is just waiting to be eaten in a salad or on a sandwich! Yum! Hope everything is going well for you. I have been so busy since my son got home, I haven't had much time to post to my blog, but finally managed a little catch-up today. Hope to see you again soon in "blogland."

Anonymous said...

That is a weird shape and color for sure

LeAnn said...

This is a strange looking tomato; but as long as it tasted good; it's good! Hugs~