Friday, October 21, 2016

Bugs and Kisses

There are numerous “Bugs & Kisses” ideas all over the internet but the first one I came across was from Pink Peppermint Design.  I thought this was such a cute idea for the few children that come to our home for Halloween.  Most all the ideas I came across had Hershey Kisses and spiders inside a container/bag with a tag attached. 
Living a long distance from any type of store that would carry spiders and bugs, was making this fun idea, a “Maybe Not Happening” idea.  I loved the thought of giving the children these Halloween treat bags, so I hopped on the internet to see what I could find.  I searched and searched for a bag of spiders but the cost to have them shipped was ridiculous!  I then came upon some 11.5” x 5”, cello spider bags on E-bay.  Ok, this would work…..I could still use the theme “Bugs & Kisses” by using the spider bags and putting Hershey Kisses inside.

IMG_3616

When the bags arrived and I opened them, they were bags that had tucks on the sides so when fully opened, they were HUGE.  It would take me a very large amount of Kisses to even partially fill one of the bags.  Thinking, thinking, what next.  Then while laying in bed that night, the idea came to me…..hmmmm…..I wonder if I could use my FoodSaver, bag sealer and seal the other end of the bags and then cut each bag in half, giving me two treat bags from one.  Eureka….it worked, perfectly!  Now I actually have 50 treat bags instead of 25.
So with new smaller bags, Hershey Pumpkin Spice Kisses, orange ribbon and my tags, I’m all set to go.  Oh how I love it when things come together.

image

IMG_3608.JPG23

IMG_3612

IMG_3617

6 comments:

LeAnn said...

Oh, these are so adorable! You are just so creative. I love this and I know the kids will love them too. Hugs for you!

Anonymous said...

You are Just to clever. Give yourself a pat on the back. The kids will get a kick out of them...Max

Deb J. in Utah said...

This is such a cute idea! You are so clever! Enjoy your weekend!

Lura Parsons said...

Cute!!

daiseedeb said...

This is really cute, Marsha! I love your talents!

Seth and Natalie said...

Those are darling, we should have trick or treated at your place!