Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Halloween/Thanksgiving Pumpkin Goblets

This past weekend, my husband and I went to Idaho Falls where we met with our daughter to go to the temple.  After the temple, we went to Red Robin for some gourmet burgers.  My husband opted to get fish and chips but my daughter and I shared one of their burgers with steak fries.  Their fries are really good and they served them with a sauce they called “Campfire Sauce”.  This sauce was so yummy that I came home to see if I could find a copycat recipe on the internet.  All the copycat recipes had basically the same ingredients.  This one claimed to be the best….. 1/2 cup Hickory Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce mixed with 1/2 cup Mayo.  After eating, we said goodbye to our daughter then went to a few stores.  I went to Ross Dress for Less and as soon as I walked in the door, I came across the cutest Halloween goblets.  I knew what I was going to do with them right away.  I wanted to put candles in them and put them on my entryway desk.

IMG_7109

IMG_7084

When I got them home, I put green half beads in the bottom, that were left over from our daughters wedding.  I also bought some candles at Ross’s that I nestled down in the beads.

IMG_7078

I didn’t want to light the real candles so I got some LED tea lights, measured how big they were then cut holes out of the center of my candles and placed the tea lights inside the candles.  The tea lights I had on hand have rings/ridges around the top which I thought diminished the realism of them so I’m looking for others that will look a little more realistic.

IMG_7095

I think the pumpkins on the goblets are wonderful.  The are outlined with some gold that almost looks like it was soldered on.  They came in three sizes but I just purchased the small and medium sizes.  You know, where they aren’t carved or spooky pumpkins, I think I will keep them up and use them for my Thanksgiving decorations, too.  Love them.

IMG_7080

2 comments:

daiseedeb said...

These are really pretty, Marsha! And I love your entry way desk thingy!!! Lovely!
; )
d

Anonymous said...

Looks neat. I see you are having fun decorating your entry piece. I thought you bought an orange scarf for halloween or you like the beige better. The goblets look cool. Max