Monday, October 28, 2013

Halloween Baby Shower

My daughter has always loved Halloween, literally.  She actually wanted to have her wedding reception in the Fall so she could have a Halloween themed reception.  Her wedding was in April, so a Halloween reception was out of the question.   After four years, I’m going to be a GRANDMA so I thought….Ok, no Halloween reception but how about a HALLOWEEN BABY SHOWER!  Whooo-o-o-o-oT!  I decided to make the invitations and address labels so it would be totally Halloween.  And, since my daughter is a beautiful red-head, I thought I would put a little boy, with red hair, holding a pumpkin, on both the invitations and address labels.  Fun!  All the graphics I used were free, with the exception of the little boy holding the pumpkin.  When I found him on the internet I knew I just had to have him so I went to the graphics place and bought the graphic.  With the red hair, it fit our family perfectly. 

Capture

Baby Shower Address Labels

Since I had paid for this graphic, I decided I was going to use him everywhere I could.  I thought of a million things I could put him on to make as favors for the guests and after finally narrowing it down, I decided to make bath salts and put them in a 4oz. jar topped with that cute, little red-headed, boy.  I tied pieces of fall colored material around the lid for a finishing touch.

DSC01186  DSC01187

I also had a very difficult time decided what refreshments to make.  You have to understand……I’m in my first-time grandma, mode!  It finally came down to: mini cheesecakes, Reese's Pieces, candy corn, pumpkin chip cookies, orange topped chocolate cupcakes, great pumpkin dessert, caramel popcorn with candy corns mixed in and a pumpkin eggnog drink.

IMG_7429

IMG_7430

And for the gifts, I can’t even begin to tell you how generous everyone was.  The photo speaks for itself.  Besides the gifts, my family from Utah sent up a card with enough money to purchase some nice things for the baby.

DSC01211

I’m telling you, we were wall-to-wall bodies in our home.  The shower was very well attended.  Small town people are fabulous!

DSC01199

DSC01212

DSC01226

Amber’s husband, Corey, wanted to attend the baby shower and I informed him that daddy’s did not come to baby showers and he said, “it’s my baby too” – Ahh.  So after the games and while Amber was opening her gifts, we had Corey come and join the shower.  He was such a good daddy-to-be…..he sat on the floor by Amber and sorted and folded all the tissue paper.  I know….another Ahhh!

DSC01236

DSC01241

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a large crowed and a fun one looks like she got a lot of nice gifts...Janis...

Anonymous said...

Great job sis. I told you that you would do a great job and as usual you did not disappoint. Glad it turned out so well...Max

Amber Sayer Walker said...

You did an AMAZING job!! Always going above and beyond the call of duty! Thanks for all your hard work, Mom! Everything looked and tasted great!