Monday, October 21, 2013

A Love For Cattle

My husband was born to raise cattle.  He loves working outdoors and being around cattle.  My husband works for an electric company and does a bit of farming on the side.  A part of that is raising hay and pasturing out his land for cattle.  Last week, on Columbus Day, our neighbors put their cattle on our land for pasture.  My husband enjoys this………..he enjoys having cattle on the land.

IMG_7323

IMG_7324

IMG_7325

The only bad part is, we do not have any water in the small ditch so water needs to be pumped into two troughs several times a day to keep all the cattle watered.  Our neighbor waters them all day and my husband goes out every evening when he gets home from work and waters them one last time for the evening.  Even watering the cattle gives him joy.

IMG_7361

IMG_7362-001

IMG_7363

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He always has liked the ranching. You can take the man out of the country but you can't take the country out of the man ha ha ..Max

Seth and Natalie said...

You got some great pictures, I really like the one 3rd one down. Seth has some sort of saying about manure in the veins, but that kind of grosses me out. I'm glad Evan still gets to be around the animals he loves.