Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Our 2013 Garden

Well, our gardening season has come to a close.  What once looked like this:

IMG_6547

IMG_6549

Now looks like this:

IMG_7367

IMG_7368

The only produce left to harvest are a few carrots:

IMG_7369

We planted a few strawberry plants this year but we only got a handful of berries, if that…………and that was the ones we could get before the birds had their little feast.  The plants are still green and even have a few blossoms on them but no berries.  If you can see from all the quack grass and a few weeds, there are actually strawberry plants in the following picture, covered with frost.  It was only 23 degrees outside this morning.

IMG_7371

After the first part of the summer, our garden froze to the ground and we (I say that lightly…I should actually say “MY HUSBAND…he is one of the most hard working men I know) had to start all over again so I guess we didn’t do too bad considering…!  And lastly, following are a few pictures of the hubby harvesting peas and potatoes. 

IMG_6542.JPG.2

IMG_6543

IMG_6546-001

IMG_7139

IMG_7140

IMG_7145

IMG_7163

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish our garden would grow like that. Do you rent out his green thumb...Max

Amber Sayer Walker said...

He IS the hardest working man I know!!! I'm glad you guys had such a good harvest this year. I wish our garden looked like that!

Seth and Natalie said...

Wow, your garden was so fantastic. I like when harvest is all over and I can just sit back and be done with it all. Because the only thing Seth likes to do is dig spuds, so the rest of it is up to me.