Saturday, January 14, 2012

One Down, One To Go

Remember a few blogs back when I talked about the cocoon hanging from my ceiling near my back door?

Today I was headed out the door to go to the reservoir to see if I could get some more ice pictures when I noticed a butterfly fluttering between the window and my curtain that hangs on my back door.  I got my stool to stand on so I could get a close-up look of the cocoon and sure enough, it was empty.  I searched it out on the Internet and as far as I can tell, our little house guest was a White Cabbage Butterfly.  I took a few photos then turned him loose outside.  I say him because the Internet stated that the males have one spot on each wing while the females have two.  One mystery down, one to go.  Odis is taking his old sweet time coming out of his cocoon.

1 comment:

Seth and Natalie said...

Who knew they hatched this early? I love the picture of the butterfly, although Dax thinks it is scary and mean.