Monday, January 16, 2012

In Icy Style

I went back to the reservoir on Saturday and it looked like a city on ice.  There were ice houses strung from one end of the reservoir to the other.

In all actuality, the ice formations still intrigued me much more than the people sitting on ice fishing through a hole.  Maybe one of these years I will have to give it a try to see what it is all about.  The ice was gorgeous.  I went up mid-afternoon and the sun was shining at the right angle on the ice making it glow with beauty.
 


I thought this one was quite interesting.  It looked like an ocean wave coming to the beach, in icy style.  Makes you wonder if there was a strong wind that was blowing the water and it was cold enough to freeze it in action.  Whatever it was, it's fascinating to look at. 
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

these are some cool pictures i like looking at the ice on lakes--jan

Amber Sayer Walker said...

Some pretty sweet pictures, Mom! Wish you were with us instead on Saturday, though. :c(

Bridget and Ellyn said...

The houses out on the ice reminds me of the movie "Grumpy Old Men"

I've been icefishing a number of times, for me it is like lake fishing in the summer, SLOW, but add the freezing temperatures and some bored kids and ugh!

Like your pictures. The ice also fascinates me more than the fish hole.