Sunday, August 21, 2011

Where Did Odis Go?

Look who finally decided not to hide his head.  Saturday, as I was preparing to leave to spend the weekend with my daughter, I went to check on Odis and lo-and-behold, he didn't hide from me.  Usually when I come around, he tucks his little head in and hides.  It almost looked like he was showing off for me. 




When my husband and I returned home tonight from visiting our daughter, I looked in the little ice cream bucket only to see what.....no Odis.  I couldn't believe it.  How did Odis get out?  I've never seen him be able to climb up the bucket.  My husband's first words were "oh no....now we'll probably have little Odis's all over the house".  Too funny, huh!  I decided to pick up his little buck to look closer to see if maybe Odis was hiding.  Still, no Odis.  I started to look under the leafy spurge plant that I put in for him to eat and there he was.....Wahoo.....but, Odis was in a mass of what looked like goop.  Could he be forming his pupae (cocoon)?  If you look closely at the picture below,  you can kind of see the mass under the leaves at the top of the picture.  Hope little Odis is OK...I've kind of grown fond of the little critter.

No comments: