Thursday, January 19, 2012

Eating Outdoors

Eating outdoors in the winter at our home is a 3-way process.  First, we get the cute little Cedar Waxwings that come in and eat off of our flowering crab tree.  They make a different little sound and are fun to watch.

Then, pushing their way in...along come the magpies, gorging themselves.  I think this one magpie had 3 apples in his mouth at the same time.

When the birds move out, the deer move in, eating all the apple pieces the birds leave behind.  I think there is some kind of pecking order going on here and I'm not talking birds and chickens.  Just watch these deer as another deer seems to get in their territory.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you take the cutest pictures i love the deer and birds pictures--- jan

Seth and Natalie said...

I thought from your title that you were eating outdoors, which it's still a little chilly to try. I love the magpie picture, and my boys really enjoyed the deer.