Thursday, January 12, 2012

Ice Fishing and Cool Ice Formations

I drove up to the reservoir to look at all the fisherman's houses.  I haven't quite figured that one out, yet.  Why anyone would want to go and sit on the ice and fish from a little hole, is beyond me.  I do, however, Love fish.  A friend brought us some fish last week, as a matter of fact.  I dipped it in beaten eggs, then potato buds, and fried it, using lime juice and sea salt.  Sure was delish!

Around the edge of the reservoir by the loading dock, you can see a lot of ice in cool formations.  I don't know if the edges started melting and other ice pushed it up, or what, but it was pretty interesting looking.

I drove to the other side of the reservoir along the dam to get another view.  Where we haven't gotten much snow, you could see bare spots all over that looked like part ice and part water.

But, upon taking a closer look, you can see that it is all ice,  You can also see tracks all over the ice where people have driven, what I assume, is their 4-wheelers.  I was going to get out of the car and go on the ice to get some different pictures but it was super windy and COLD.  When I got up this morning and checked the thermometer, it was only 2 degrees.  I don't know what the temperature was later this afternoon when I was at the reservoir but it wasn't warm enough for me.  I'm a total wanny when it comes to the cold.  Who knows, maybe......and maybe being the key word, if it's not too cold tomorrow, I can try for some more pictures.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

these are some cool pictures whey to go --- jan

Anonymous said...

Cool formations. Dean looked at them and says he approves ha ha. Your handouts for young women look cool also. Max

Seth and Natalie said...

You made it to the reservoir! It is so surprising that it's all ice, and it's so slick and smooth too. Next you just need a warm day to make it out ON the ice.