Friday, January 6, 2012

Genealogy Christmas Card

My niece, from my husbands side of the family, made the most wonderful Christmas cards this year.  I've never seen anything quite like it.  I was totally amazed when I first opened the envelope and pulled out this card.  The front cover alone has 4 different layer of paper/card stock, then it is embellished with jewels, ribbon, and jute.

As you open the card, there is a message from my husbands brother and his wife.  On the opposite side, a snowflake and a pull tab.  When you pull the tab, there is a Christmas message stating...The greatest blessing of all is knowing these family ties are eternal if we do our part.  How grateful we are for the gospel of Jesus Christ, whose birth we celebrate this time of year, etc.   Throughout the card, I have blurred out messages and faces, not knowing if the family would appreciate  their images plastered on the Internet, but still, I think you will notice the time, effort and talent that went into making this card.

Upon turning the pages, you see a family photo on each side, along with a pull tab for each family.

When you pull up on each tab, there is a message about each family, where they live, what they do, how many children are in the family, etc.  Kind of like a genealogy Christmas card. 
 

There are a total of six pages with family pictures and information about each.  What a treasured card this is and will continue to be not only for Christmas, but throughout the year.  You can be guaranteed this card will always be in easy access, and not stored with other Christmas cards.  After all, this cards has a lot of history, and memories!

2 comments:

Seth and Natalie said...

That card is cool! If I had any ambition I would try to make one like it.

Amber Sayer Walker said...

That's AWESOME! Alicia did a nice job. You'll have to show it to me the next time I come home.