Saturday, January 7, 2012

No Ordinary Cheesecake

Last night we had company for dinner and in that process, I made a large packet of raspberry jello to which I added a frozen package of mixed fruit.  For dessert, I made a cheesecake but I didn't put anything on top of it.  When we were ready to eat the cheesecake, I opened up the usual can of cherry pie filling for those who would like it as their topping.  This is where the good part comes in...........I am not a big fan of cherry pie filling on my cheesecake and I was going to opt to just having my cheesecake plain.  When we were dishing up our cheesecakes, the gentleman, who we had invited for dinner, plopped a big spoon of jello on top of his.  What insight...................here we come Jello!  I gave it a try and was not disappointed.  This is definitely a new taste bud enhancement!  This morning, after eating two, small multi-grain rolls (left-over from dinner last night), I decided to have me some more of that cheesecake jello combination (it's was that good).  I did, however, add one more little thing.............I topped it with a few spurts of whipped cream from the can.  Heaven!  Did I mention Heaven?  The below picture is not one I took, but I borrowed it from the Internet, as it did not have a copyright on it and it looks just like the ones I usually make.  But here is my point.  Think about this ordinary cheesecake the next time you make one for yourself or company and picture in your mind the souped-up cheesecake with fruit jello and whipped topping.  Give it a try.....I know you'll LoVe It!  You can tell your hips and thighs sorry, later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks good to me. Where's mine???I will have to remember that the next time I make one. Max

Seth and Natalie said...

Yum. You should enter it in the fair!