Saturday, October 1, 2011

Throwing in the Towel

I guess you could say..............I'm throwing in the towel.  This is my last batch of canning for the year.  I had already put everything away after doing applesauce but when I went to Utah last week, there were a bunch of peaches on my dads tree so I had Evan pick them to bottle, silly me.  Well, here they are...35 quarts and 8 hours later.



After all the canning this summer, I don't think my hands will ever get back to normal.  Of course, this picture was taken immediately after canning so besides the ugly canning color you always get when canning, they totally have the water-logged, bathtub look.

2 comments:

rudi48 said...

Have you considered wearing one-time use non-latex gloves??? You can get a whole box of 100 at Lowes or Home Depot for less than $15. Just saying...jm

Amber Sayer Walker said...

Yeah, what Judi said. You have a daughter who works in a dental office, you know. I could probably buy a box for you at discount! Silly woman. Those peaches sure look good, though! Nice work. :c)