Friday, September 30, 2011

4-Headed Cabbage

We had some men come to our home today to put a pump on our well casing.  This way, if the power goes out we will be able to pump water out of our well.  A few hours after they were through, I turned all the water on in the house and let it run to clear out our house lines.  In the meantime, I went outside to take some pictures.

This is a picture of our 4-headed cabbage.  We have four heads of cabbage growing from one cabbage plant.  This picture only shows one side and you can only see three of the four heads.

From this angle, you can see the four heads forming.  This is the first time I have ever seen this happen.

Evan is picking all the dried up peas off of our plants.  We will be able to use these in soup and also save them for seeds to be planted next year.

It looks like fall is really coming.  Our flowering crab apple tree is beautiful with all the little crab apples on it.

Whew.....I'm a thinking it's a good thing I came in the house when I did.  I forgot our tub doesn't drain too well.  Remember at the beginning of this blog I stated that I left the water running in the house to clear out the lines.  Well, when I came in the house I heard the water running so I went into the bathroom to shut it off and noticed how much water was in the tub.  OMGoodness....close call.

I took this picture through the water that was in the tub.  Can you see all the dirt in the bottom?  Yes, we needed to leave the water running to clear out the pipes but no, I shouldn't have left the house and totally forgot I left the water running.  What do you think?

2 comments:

Amber Sayer Walker said...

It'll be awesome to have that pump. ...and what type of fertilizer are you using, exactly? ;c)

Bridget and Ellyn said...

Fun cabbage, you are so industrious. Would love to get a pump on our well as well. If you don't mind me asking, how affordable is it?