Friday, October 14, 2011

Mine Hill Jaunt

Yesterday, around 4:15pm, I took a little jaunt part way up the Mine Hill.  In 1879, prospectores found copper ore there.  Mining was done for more than 50 years and was the way of life for the people during that time period.  This big red building was a compressor facility that provided the miners with compressed air to operate their tools and machinery.


This little structure was by the compressor facility.  I didn't go into a depth search on the internet but what little searching I did, I could not find out what this little structure was.

These Ariel Tramway Towers were constructed in 1917.  They were used to haul ore down the Mine Hill.


Just as you are coming off of the Mine Hill, you can see our quaint little town, nestled within the Mount McCaleb mountain range. Magnificent view!

At the bottom of the Mine Hill, on a bridge, is a beautiful spot for taking pictures.  The leaves are just starting to change colors.



I had just put my camera away and was headed home when I spotted these deer just off the right-hand side of the road.  There's always a photo opportunity in this beautiful little valley.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every weekend i used to pay a quick visit this website, for
the reason that i want enjoyment, for the reason that this web site conations truly good funny stuff too.

Anonymous said...

Your style is so unique compared to other folks I have
read stuff from. Thank you for posting when you've got the opportunity,
Guess I'll just bookmark this blog.

Feel free to surf to my web site: healthy snacks