Saturday, October 8, 2011

Beautiful, Yet Destructive

Can I tell you how I am "SO NOT READY FOR THIS!" It all started on Monday with the wind and rain and hasn't let up yet. It stayed warm for so long and then....BOOM, straight into winter. Yukka!

We ended up getting 1" of snow.  It really was pretty to see all the snow on the ground and the green grass under the trees but by morning, all the snow was basically off the ground.  My friend called me yesterday morning and asked what my plans were for the day and I told her that I really didn't have any plans.  She said can you be ready in an hour to go to the Falls?  So, off to the Falls we headed.  This photo was taken as we were driving towards the Falls. 

The further we got away from home, the more snow there was.  And I started snapping shots from the car.


We decided to go to the temple before shopping.  It was drizzling rain and the sky was gloomy but the temple was so nice.  I love going to the temple. 

There was snow all around the temple grounds.

I have no idea what kind of tree this is but it is on the temple grounds.  The trunk is all twisted and there are hard, green berries all over it.  Pretty cool looking tree, when you are under it looking up.

According to my friend, this tree looks pretty old.  The shape of it plus all the moss and greenery around it was a picture worth taking.  Funny, in all the trips I've made to the temple, I've never noticed this tree before.

This truck was in the temple parking lot picking up branches that had broken off of the trees.  I'm assuming the branches were broken from the weight of all the snow from the night before.

Then, as we drove around town, there were trucks out all over gathering up tree branches....thus, confirming my theory of the weight of the snow on the trees.  It's amazing how something like the snow mixed with the greenery of the grass and trees could be so beautiful and yet so destructive.

No comments: