Sunday, October 16, 2011

Northern Rainbow

This morning as I was getting ready for church, I looked out the window saw a beautiful rainbow, a double rainbow at that.  I hadn't noticed where it had rained and it was totally in the wrong position in the sky.  Our rainbows, as my husband pointed out, have always been towards the eastern skies but this one was in the northern direction, odd.  It made for a gorgeous picture, positioned to the side of our little red tree.

After church, I decided to go for a ride up to the mine hill bridge.  This doe was standing just off the side of the road, looking on curiously at my car.  I'm glad she didn't run off and let me take some pictures.
 

I can't believed how the colors have changed in just a few days.  The colors were vibrant.  It was very cloudy and pouring down rain so maybe that had something to do with the deep colors....the sun wasn't out to fade the colors.  It was such a gloomy sky that I had to adjust my camera to get better pictures.
 


In the last two pictures, you can see how hard it was raining by looking at the water.  I had the window down in the car trying to get pictures and I was still getting soaked, along with my camera.  I decided I'd better quit, head for home, and try again tomorrow.  Even in the rain, (which I actually like....I like cloudy, rainy days) God definitely lets his beauty shine.
 

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Beautiful!! I've never met you, but I can tell from your photos that you have the talent of seeing beauty and so you are given opportunities to see it and then share it with the rest of us.

I wish I could frame your leaf photos. They make me homesick for the glorious Autumn season.

Amber Sayer Walker said...

Nice pics, Mom. I LOVE the rainbow one!