Sunday, October 2, 2011

Copy Cat Pancakes

This morning before General Conference, I made the copy cat version of IHOP's buttermilk pancakes for breakfast.  These pancakes are really good.  I got this recipe from the internet last year.  I've looked all over the internet for the same recipe but for the life of me, I cannot find it.  I have it written down and this is my version, tweaked a bit.

IHOP BUTTERMILK PANCAKES - copy cat version
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
5 Tablespoons Saco Cultured Buttermilk Blend
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/4 cups water
1 egg
1/4 cup cooking oil

1. Mix first 6 ingredients together until well blended.
2. Add last 3 ingredients and blend until smooth.
3. Pour pancake batter by large spoonfuls on a hot griddle and cook until you get bubbles in the top and the edges appear to harden,  flip the pancakes...they should be golden brown.
4. Cook pancakes on the other side for the same amount of time, until golden brown.

I hope you enjoy these pancakes as much as we do.

No comments: