Thursday, October 27, 2011

Trading History For Progress

The neighboring ranch next to ours is tearing down a grove of trees and they also have an old barn they are getting rid of.  They are trying to make room for a new pivot.  My husband and I went down this evening to get a start on cutting the old barn down to use the wood for fire wood.  When we got there and looked the situation over, Evan decided against it.  It was full of nails and he didn't think it was worth the chance of ruining his chain saw or having the chain saw hit a nail and kick back.






This is an old building next to the barn.  They are going to keep this one.



And this one is an old grainery that they are also keeping.  When I see old buildings like these, I can't help but wonder who lived here at the time, what their life style was like, and.................................???

2 comments:

Amber Sayer Walker said...

You can make some really pretty stuff out of barn wood...just sayin'. Whose place is this? I love these old buildings. I miss ours on the other side of the road.

Seth and Natalie said...

Ooh, I like Amber's idea of using the barn wood. I happen to know that the owner wouldn't mind giving me some :)