Thursday, December 19, 2013

Temple Squirrels

I traveled across the desert today with a group of Relief Society women to do a session at the Idaho Falls Temple.  At the time before leaving, I thought to myself….”I really don’t have time to do this today” and just as quickly as that thought came and left my mind, another thought came….”I really don’t have time not to do this today”.  That thought probably doesn’t make sense to some of you reading this but to me, it made perfect sense.  I’m always glad I make the choice to go to the temple when many other things say I don’t have the time.  What a blessing it is in my life to live near enough to a temple that I can basically go whenever I want.  I know you can feel the Spirit of the Lord any time you want but the temple, well, just the atmosphere and its surroundings help me to feel closer to the Lord. 

As we were leaving the temple, there were at least three squirrels, under a tree, foraging the ground for food.  As the other ladies kept walking to the car, I stopped to get my camera out of my purse and one of the ladies actually asked if I was going to take a picture…...………….well, of course.

IMG_7735

IMG_7736

IMG_7737

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Pictures, They are cute....Janis....

daiseedeb said...

I thought these little critters looked familiar.
I live a block away, and I think they have taken my bird seed! Yes!!! It's them!!!
; )
d

Seth and Natalie said...

Of course!