Thursday, August 30, 2012

Young Women Swimming At The Reservoir

On Tuesday, August 28, 2012, we took our Young Women group up to the Mackay Reservoir to go swimming.....it was their choice....ah, to be young again.  When we got there, I decided I would put my purse in the trunk of the car for safe keeping.  Just as the trunk was shutting, I realized that I had the car keys in my purse.  It was like a slow motion NO-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o, as I was grabbing for the trunk.  Too late.  No problem, I would just borrow my counselors cell phone and call my husband, who was out doing his home teaching, to bring them up when he got done. 
There were two young men that heard we were going up to the reservoir so they went up a little early and hid out under the dock waiting for the girls.  What little did they know that we were running a little late so they were hiding under the dock for at least 15-20 minutes.  When we got there, one of the girls heard a noise and when she looked over the edge of the dock, the two boys popped out.......scared the girls a bit.  When they got up on the dock, their jaws were totally quivering from the cold.
 
 The girls decided that if it was cold, there was only one way to go in.....run and jump off of the edge of the dock.  By their reactions, I think it was a rude awakening.

But once in the water, and after their bodies got used to the temperature, the really had a great time.


My counselor was sitting by me on the dock and was trying to teach/tell me to get off of auto mode on my camera and try out some different shots in manual mode.  It was actually pretty interesting and the below picture of one of the results.  The water isn't blue but I think it is a cool shot.



As you can see, the moon is shining on the water and we are still at the reservoir swimming.  One of the reasons, my husband had totally lost track of time and didn't get to the reservoir with my spare car keys until 8:35pm.  But, it all boiled down to the girls having a great time, late or not.  And, I did learn that girls must be of a stronger caliber than the male species......didn't see the girls shaking half as much as the boys that hid out under the dock.  Way to show em, girls!

1 comment:

rudi48 said...

Marsha, just to make you feel better, several years ago, I locked my keys in the truck and had to call Bob Hauck, the Key Guy. :) jm