Sunday, August 26, 2012

Let's Hear It For Plumbers

What a YUCKY MESS we had this weekend.  I went to do the dishes when I noticed that my sink wasn't draining.  No warning of a slow sink previously..........nothing.  It worked as it always had.  I thought, "No Problem"...I'll just get the plunger and we're good to go.....Not The Case!  I have a double sink so first I plugged off one side and started plunging the other - Whew, what a mess.  A bunch of totally black gunk come up into the sink.
My husband checked out the pipes running to the sewer line, check.  Checked out the bathroom lines, check.  Checked the vent pipe on top of the house, check.  All things were checking out good so we knew it was located in the kitchen sink, only.  Good sign....now all my husband needed to do was get out a drain snake, twist it into the pipes and walla..........clog free drain - right? - wrong!  The smudge didn't budge so we had to call in the big guns......A Plumber.  He came with an electric drain snake that was much longer than the one we used and he had our sink draining in no time.  Let's hear it for the plumbers of the world - Woot, woot!  I asked the plumber where all the dirt could have come from and he said usually from washing off garden veggies.  That would be us, eating garden stuff all summer.  I'll surely not make that mistake again.  From now on, all veggies will be dirt free before washing them at the sink. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Been there done that. All our veggies go from the garden to the lawn where we use the hose to spray all the dirt off. Then they are cleaned better inside after all the mud is washed off. Let's hope that solves your problem. Got to hate that black gunk. Max

Anonymous said...

Excellent post. I used to be checking constantly this blog and I'm impressed! Very useful info particularly the last part :) I take care of such information much. I used to be seeking this particular info for a very lengthy time. Thanks and best of luck.

Anonymous said...

Hello, just wanted to say, I enjoyed this blog post.
It was practical. Keep on posting!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love your blog and find nearly
all of your post's to be just what I'm looking for. Do you
offer guest writers to write content for you personally?

I wouldn't mind producing a post or elaborating on many of the subjects you write regarding here.
Again, awesome web log!