Friday, August 31, 2012

A Watched Pot Never Boils Over

I'll be doggers..........it really works.  I was cooking some macaroni on the stove when the thought came to me that I had seen many, many places on the Internet that if you put a wooden spoon over a boiling pot, it won't boil over.  I cranked the stove up to "high" and left it there the entire time and guess what?..................it never even came close to boiling over.  I didn't have to scurry from another room to the kitchen when I heard water boiling over and running all over my stove.  Amazing!


Here it is boiling at it's highest point and still..............NO BOILING OVER.  I'll be sure to remember this little handy bit of information!
 

3 comments:

T-I-F-F-A-N-Y said...

I love it! Thanks for sharing this Marsha! I too have seen it on Pinterest but never tried it! I'll have to do it now :) Tiff :)

rudi48 said...

The same thing works with a metal knife across the pot. jm

Anonymous said...

You can bet I will try this. Seems like every time I clean my burners I boil something over. Max