Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Too Big For His Egg

At our school, the first grade teacher has been hatching chickens and ducks for quite some time.  Talk about excitement for the children.  This little duck hatched out on Tuesday, May 1, 2012, and I took this photo about 3 hours after he (I'm assuming he's a he - Ha!) made his debut. 

In the following video, you can see the same little duck as the one in the above photo sitting next to another duck that is trying to make his way into the world.  It's hard to believe that the little duck sitting by the eggs was inside one of those eggs just a few hours previously.  He looks too big to have been inside one of those eggs.  Gotta love nature.  By the end of the day, the little guy inside the egg still had not made his appearance.  When I went in to check on him today, he finally made it out of his shell but he wasn't doing too good.  I would have taken a picture of him but he was in his little bed and I wasn't able to get a picture.  I sure hope he makes it cause he's sure a cute little thing.

1 comment:

Amber Sayer Walker said...

How fun! I'm sure the little kids love it! You're right, the little duckling looks like he's way too big to have just come out of an egg!