Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Great Pumpkin

Well-l-l-l-l-l-l-l, maybe it's not the great pumpkin as in the Charlie Brown story, but it's a fun pumpkin for me.  For the past few years, I've bought a pumpkin around September or October and keep it as an autograph pumpkin.  It started out as a joke to my visiting teacher and every month when she came to visit, I had her sign my pumpkin.  Last year, this went on until May when the pumpkin finally rotted and I threw it out.  This year, not only did I have my visiting teacher sign the pumpkin, but I've had everyone that comes to our home sign it.  It's been a fun and unusual thing to do and with this year, having everyone sign it, it was even more fun.  Where I've been doing this for the past two years, would it be safe to say it is my "NEW TRADITION"?  Tradition or not, I think it is one I will keep doing for years to come.  It's fun to see the look on people's faces when I ask them to sign my pumpkin, especially after the fall season.  As of tomorrow, I think my autographed pumpkin will have to say good-bye because as you will notice in my pictures, he's kind of looking a little puny.......and, if anyone asks, I can honestly say I know the life expectancy of a pumpkin.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Traditions are to be made and it looks like you are making them. That is one I haven't heard of before. Keep creating new ones. Max

Bridget and Ellyn said...

HA! That (you) are so funny!

T-I-F-F-A-N-Y said...

Marsha, Marsha, Marsha! This is too funny but I LOVE it! It's a great, fun, and unique IDEA. I also wanted to let you know I changed our blog URL to tiffandherboys.blogspot.com :o)