Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Extra, Extra, Read All About It

A few months ago, a friend of mine approached me and stated that I should e-mail my turkey picture to the Post Register, an Idaho Falls based newspaper.  She gave me the address (part of her newspaper), I brought it home, and let it sit for quite awhile.  A year-or-so ago, my same friend told me about sending pictures to the newspaper.  I entered a sunset picture and they posted it.....a 2"x3" picture, if that.  Well, I kept coming across this page of the newspaper she gave me containing the e-mail address and thought, OK, I'll send in my turkey picture so I can throw this piece of newspaper away and get it off my cupboard, table, couch, or where ever it was laying at the time.  I sent it in a little over a week ago and had totally forgotten about it when at work today, a co-work came down the hall, approached me and asked if I had seen the newspaper and that it had my turkey picture in it.  When I looked at the picture, I was totally shocked......this picture was huge.  It measures to be a 7 " x 4-3/4" picture.  I'm sure lots of pictures make the paper but this one made me happy.  Yippiekiyah!..........That's happy turkey talk.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats This Is A Great Pictures It Is Cool Keep Up The Good Work --Janis

Bridget and Ellyn said...

That's awesome!

Anonymous said...

You are finally in print. Keep up the good pics. Max

Seth and Natalie said...

You're famous! That is one of my favorite pictures of yours.