Monday, May 7, 2012

Salmon Patties

My sister e-mailed me tonight and said she was making salmon patties for supper.  I thought it sure sounded good so I decided to make some, too.  I remember making them once before but couldn't remember what I put in them besides crackers and eggs so I called my sister and asked her what else she put in hers besides crackers and eggs and she said she uses dill, onions, lemon, or lemon pepper.  She didn't give me any amounts but I went to work on my version, writing down amounts as I went along.  They were very simple and turned out pretty good.  Here is my salmon patty recipe:

Salmon Patties
2 - 7oz. cans salmon
2 - eggs
2 tsp. dried minced onions
1/4 cup Quick Oatmeal (1-minute)...didn't have any crackers so I substitued the oatmeal.
1 tsp. lemon pepper

Mix all ingredients together.  Use 1/4 cup mixture per patty.  Grill on a griddle, turning once, till cooked through.  This recipe made 6 1/2 patties. 

We served ours with Ranch Dressing.  Doesn't Ranch make everything taste great.  So maybe, just maybe it wasn't that the salmon patties were really good and it was just the dressing.  Ya think?  I think not, these were actually good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your patties look just like mine imagine that. The reason I didn't give amounts is because I don't measure ha ha.. A shake here and a shake there but they always seem to turn out. Glad you enjoyed them. Max