Thursday, August 4, 2011

Silver Lake Flat

Each summer when I would go to Utah to visit my family, my father would love to take drives up American Fork Canyon.  A special part of this drive was going up to Silver Lake Flat.  My father always talked about this place so off we'd go.  We'd travel up the canyon to Tibble Fork Reservoir and from there, we'd take a left and go on up further till we reached another side road that would take us to the lake.  It was a narrow, steep, winding dirt road with lots of rocks.  It was a bit scary to drive sometimes, especially if you met someone coming the other way, it was a tight squeeze to pass each other.  I guess you could say it was one of my fathers favorite spots and from the pictures I'm posting, (I took these last summer) you can see why my father loved it so much.  Dad passed away this past May, so we didn't get our trip up there, but you can bet my father is still watching and enjoying his Silver Lake Flat.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so interesting! I don't suppose I have read anything like that before.
So wonderful to discover somebody with some unique thoughts on this subject matter.
Seriously.. many thanks for starting this up. This website is something
that's needed on the internet, someone with a little originality!