Monday, August 15, 2011

In All Its Splendor

The sky, in all its splendor, was literally alive this morning.  I took these pictures shortly after 7am.  I was in my dining room looking out the window and noticed the sky changing.  I couldn't believe how beautiful it was.  I grabbed my camera and headed out the door.  No matter which direction I looked, there was beauty.  I actually took 46 pictures and let me tell you, it was a tough decision to make on which pictures to post, keep, or delete.  We had a little misty rain, making part of the clouds dark, while in the same shot, there was brilliant white.  My pictures do not even come close to capturing the beauty of it all.




Here, the sun is lightly tipping the mountains.  The glow was awe-ness!
 

I decided to go further out back and take more pictures.  At first I started walking but on second thoughts, I hopped on the 4-wheeler because the ground was wet, the air definitely had a coolness to it and I was wearing flip-flops.  There was a mass of weeds on the side of the lane but after looking at them, who could call them weeds....I guess it's all in the perspective of how you look at it.

This little tree, bush, or whatever it was, looked really interesting, too.  I've been down the lane many times and I have never noticed it before. 


There is one spot in the lane that is kind of covered with trees and as you are coming through, this is the site.  Again, awesomeness!

Even the mosquito pond looked beautiful this morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess I will give you a thumbs up.

Amber Sayer Walker said...

*sigh* I love Mackay. Nice pics, Mom. I wish there was a pretty place near here where I could go for a walk that wasn't 30 mins or more away.