Thursday, August 18, 2011

Funny Little Creature

Whew, was it ever hot over at the Falls today.  Evan and I needed to go to Rexburg, Rigby, and Idaho Falls for a dental appointment and to pick up some supplies.  At one point, when I pushed the outside temp register in my car it read 96 degrees.  On the photo below, we were halfway across the desert on our way home when it read 92 degrees and I thought about taking a picture.  As you can see, the picture is a little blurry......not a safe way to get a picture while driving, but...................!  At 96 degrees, it is too hot for this red-head.  I don't know if you know this or not but red-heads totally melt when they are in temperatures this high, and no air conditioning in the car.  It was sure nice to get back home where the temperature was much cooler.  After getting home around 6pm, emptying out the car, then checking the temperature, it read 78 degrees on our house thermometer.  What a difference 18 degrees makes.  The melting process actually came to a stand still.

When we returned home, all was well with little Odis, too.  He is such a faker.  He was inching his way all around the ice cream bucket until he noticed I was standing there and then he does this "Let's Pretend I'm Asleep" thingy.  He tucks his head in and doesn't move a muscle, thus the picture with no head.  And, if you look at the picture I took yesterday, you will notice that he doesn't have a head in that picture, either.  In this picture, he had actually clung to the leafy spurge weed (pretending to be asleep or whatever he thinks he's doing) when I picked it up to clean out his bucket and to take a picture on the counter.  Through all that, he didn't move a muscle.  It wasn't until I put him back in his little ice cream bucket that he started inching his way around.  What a funny little creature.
 

1 comment:

Amber Sayer Walker said...

Ugh. Forgot you guys had no AC. Sorry. It was good to see you today, though!