Saturday, August 6, 2011

Across The Dam

I decided to head up the road to see if the para gliders were out because I could, or thought I could hear planes when I was out watering my flowers.  When I got to the airport where they launch from, there were a lot of men standing around looking and pointing but nothing was in the sky.  I think they were trying to figure out if it was safe to go up or not because it looked like the threat of rain.  I thought I'd head on up the road to the Mackay Reservoir and see if there was anything exciting going on.  I drove across the dam and took a picture from the top, looking out over the valley.  Everything looked so lush and green.

Then I looked over the ledge and got a picture of some unsuspecting fisher people (I said people because I notice one woman in the group fishing) down at the spillway. 
 

As I was heading home, I decided to turnaround a get one last picture.  Along the side of the highway is a pond that is there all year round.  Sometimes it has mallard ducks on it, but not today.  All it had was a nice reflection of the hillside.

No comments: