Wednesday, August 3, 2011

And The Rain Came Tumbeling Down

We had a huge cloud burst night before last and once again today, the rain came tumbeling down, literally.  The rains pounded the ground for a good half hour to forty-five minutes.

Then once it did its thing, the dark clouds and rain moved on out, leaving the sky a pretty blue with fluffy white clouds.  You'd never think it would look like this in such a short time.

I went back to the place we walk in the mornings to see if the rains did the same damage they did on Monday night.  There was a flow of water running down the side of the road but nothing compared to Monday night where it caused much more damage.


As I was driving down the road, I noticed big patches of white along the sides of the road.  Where we only had rain out our home, it was evident here that they got hit hard with hail.


The beautiful sunflowers that I had mentioned in my last blog were victims to the pummeling hail.

I could see in many places where the sunflowers had been broken off and were lying on the ground.

But as I mentioned before, you can always see the beauty if you look for it.  This fence line is along the route I take on my way back home.  Even the weeds growing along the fence line add a touch of Ah-h-h-h-h.

No comments: