Friday, October 31, 2014

Wild Daisy’s???

Today I went out to lunch with a friend and then had a meeting in town.  After the meeting, I decided to ride to one of my favorite spots on the bridge.  Even though everything is dead, dry and brittle, and the river is low, it still has its own kind of beautiful.
IMG_9755
IMG_9756
IMG_9757
But this is what surprised me the most.  Even though we’ve had some pretty hard freezes the past two weeks, these little wild daisy’s were all along the side of the road leading to the bridge. 
IMG_9759
IMG_9760
IMG_9761
After looking on the net, I’ve found these little flowers to be quite interesting.  They are actually called Chamomile (I have heard of the name before).  Anyway they look just like the flowers I was looking at.  According to this site, it states that Chamomile is definitely one of the most popular wild medicinal plants that can be eaten. The two main types of chamomile are the more popular German chamomile and Roman chamomile (Chamaemelum nobile). Although they belong to different species, they are used to treat the same health ailments in herbal pharmacy. Both are used to calm frayed nerves, help in soothing various stomach problems, reduce muscle spasms, and to treat several skin conditions.  Hmmm, I never knew any of this.  And all along I thought I was just looking at a pretty, little, wild daisy.  I do know after today, they are obviously a very hearty, little plant.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't figured out yet how to comment on the blog spot, but the photos are just plain wonderful. Wish you were closer so I could teach you oil painting, you would be so good at it. You have an eye for beauty and I know you are talented. Keep the wonderful photos coming!
Love ya, Aunt Joyce