Saturday, October 4, 2014

Apple Ring Pancakes

As I was looking through blogs this morning, I came across one titled “Apple Fritter Rings”.  I really liked the concept she brought out of changing up her recipe to make apple ring pancakes.  These looked so yummy that I instantly fired up the griddle and got to work making some for my husband and I. These were amazingly, good!  As my husband would say....."It's a Keeper".  I must have used a thinner batter because mine did not look like the ones she made.    She stated to use your own pancake batter to dip your apple slices in.  I used one of my favorites, an IHOP Waffle, copy cat recipe, tweaked just a little.

Apple Ring Pancakes..

By cutting my apple slices at 3/8” thick, I was able to get 11 battered slices from one apple…..a perfect fit for my griddle.  And no, to those of you who know me to be a perfectionist, I did not measure each and every slice.  I actually eyeballed my slices and as an after thought, I measured the thickness of my slices so others wanting to make the recipe wouldn’t need to wonder how thick of slices to use.

IMG_9632

When my husband first sat down at the table, he noticed that our pancakes were much smaller than usual but didn’t have a clue there were apple slices inside of each pancake.  We ate ours with the usual butter and syrup.  You really should try making some for you and your family….they were a really good twist to an ordinary pancake.

IMG_9630

IMG_9633

IMG_9640

IMG_9642

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

they look yummy I will have to try them with fresh apples off our tree...max

Anonymous said...

They do look good, I want to try them....Janis...

Anonymous said...

Hi Marsha!

Yum! I have some apples that need to be used, this will be perfect!

Hugs,
Barb