Friday, October 24, 2014

A Good Year For Bottled Beets….Or Was It?

Ah yes, another year of canning done.  Yesterday, I finished canning the last of our beets.  I think beets has to be one of the prettiest things I bottle.  I just love the deep, dark, reddish purple color of each bottle.

IMG_9734

It wasn’t until I was down to marking my last six bottles, that I noticed something………………………….. Oh my, are we really in the year 2012?  What was I thinking?  It was late so I decided I would get up in the morning and change the dates.

IMG_9736

Can you believe it?  Look what I found this morning………….One of the bottles even had the year 2010!  Hello…..knock, knock, knock, anybody home?!

IMG_9737

Oh well, nothing a drop or two of lemon essential oil on a paper towel and a little rubbing couldn’t fix.  All better (Ha…I even typed beeter and had to go back and change it).  I THINK I’m in the right year now……………..?  Yes, red roots (hair color) grow deep and I really do think it affects my brain, sometimes!

IMG_9738

1 comment:

daiseedeb said...

Tee hee! So glad other people do these things too! Although, most of the time I don't catch it, somebody else does!! ; )