Thursday, January 2, 2014

5” Cast Iron Skillet – Chocolate Chip Cookie

Remember this blog about my cast iron chocolate chip cookie recipe attempts.  Aghhhhh – every time I tried, it was basically a disaster …..unless I wanted cake but I wasn’t having that, I wanted a 5” Chocolate Chip Cookie!  After all my other attempts and coming up with either a cakey recipe or an extremely runny cookie recipe, I found another recipe on the internet and went to tweaking.  I decided I had to knock out some moisture, somehow.  I really wanted butter and eggs but I opted to cut out the egg.  In place of the egg, I added some cream of tartar and milk.  I also added more chocolate chips.  I thought it was a bit much adding 1/8 cup of chips but my husband really liked it and said that you can never add to many chips.  After many attempts, I finally came up with a recipe I can live with – YAHOO!  It may not be the best looking cookie, but hey, I’m ok with that.

IMG_7882

IMG_7883

IMG_7884

In this next picture, the cookie actually looks a little doughy.  I tend to under-bake my cookies but when eating it, my husband and I both thought it tasted great!

IMG_7887.JPG22

Capture

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy It Sure Looks Good.I Want A Bite....Janis....

Anonymous said...

Way to go on creating your own recipe. Didn't know what I was starting when I gave you that little fry pan. Send the recipe to my email. Keep enjoying your cute little pan. I like mine..Max