Monday, January 20, 2014

Shuttle Chef - Thermos Thermal Cooker

My husband bought me a Thermos Thermal Cooker for Christmas.  He stated that it would make my day easier by not having to watch what I was cooking and just go about my day.  Today, he decided to put it to the test.  He cooked a wonderful dinner of veggies and a roast.  Now that’s my kind of Christmas present……..getting the gift and having my husband do all the work!  Besides the thermal cooker, he set up his Sun Oven and that’s where he cooked another roast and a batch of crescent rolls.  Since I have blogged about the sun oven before, I thought I would just blog about the thermal cooker today.  It was amazing how this worked.  First, he put all the veggies and a roast in separate pots and boiled them for a few minutes on the stove.

IMG_7964

You don’t have to boil them very long, just long enough to get them hot.  After they were good and hot, he placed both pots inside the thermal cooker.

IMG_7966

After both pots were inside the thermal cooker, all he did was shut the lid and walk away.  He left them for approximately 2 hours.

IMG_7967  IMG_7968

And here are the final results. 

IMG_7973  IMG_7974

Everything was cooked to perfection and it tasted absolutely yummy!

IMG_7977

It will be fun experimenting with this type of cooking.  It will also be a great emergency way of cooking if the power goes out.  So as not to use up a lot of propane, we can just put our pots on a propane stove, bring the pots to a boil for a few minutes then turn off the propane.  It’s that easy.

These are the items we have:  Thermal Cooker, 2 round pots, 1 tall pot and 1 bread pan.

Capture.PNGb

IMG_7982-001  IMG_7983-001

4 comments:

Amber Sayer Walker said...

Looks like it worked well. Good present, Dad!

Anonymous said...

Wow I better not let Dean see that one. We already have a shop full of different cookers and stoves, but that one really looks neat and food looks delicious..Max

Seth and Natalie said...

You guys are the coolest when it comes to preparedness. This thing is neat!

daiseedeb said...

This is awesome! I was just reading about these! How much did you pay?
d