Monday, January 13, 2014

Deer – Just Passing Through

Tonight there were approximately 30 deer that passed through our driveway, headed for the haystacks.  I got a picture of the following doe as she stopped and turned, listening to the quiet noise I was trying not to making.

IMG_7948

There were two, pretty good sized, 4-point bucks traveling with them.  They always had their backs to me so I couldn’t get a good picture.  I came in the house and watched the deer through binoculars and noticed the two 4-points jump up on the haystack so again I got my camera and headed out the door.  When I got close enough to get a fairly good shot, the 4-points were no where to be seen.  I guess they’re smarter than my camera.  On the way back to the house I thought I would take a picture of the tramped down trail they take as they pass through our driveway.

IMG_7954

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice picture of the deer....Janis...

Seth and Natalie said...

Stinking deer, smashing cars and eating haystacks. But you do get some pretty good pictures of them.