Saturday, January 4, 2014

Residency Deer and Cornstalk Contrasts

I just got to thinking today that other than going to church last Sunday, and walking to the mail box each day, I haven’t even been out of the house since Christmas day.  Today when I saw deer on the haystack I decided instead of taking pictures from the window of our home, I would walk outside (yes it was cold and windy) and see if I could get a picture of them.  I actually couldn’t even tell if I had any picture of the deer in my camera display window because the sun was so bright.  It wasn’t until I came in the house and connected my camera to my computer that I was aware that I actually got some deer in my photos.  The deer are on the haystacks every day…….I think they have taken up permanent residency.

IMG_7889

IMG_7890

When I was walking back to the house, I noticed the cornstalks still standing (well, half standing) in our garden area.  I thought the yellow of the cornstalks and the whiteness of the snow made a pretty contrast so I took some pictures.  The cornstalks are all ratty now but I still thought they made interesting pictures.

IMG_7892

IMG_7893

IMG_7895

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like your adventure out of the house in days was a good one. should have gone 4 wheeling in the snow ha ha. Keep enjoying your camera..max

Lynette said...

You have such a gift with the Lens. Keep up the good work. I really miss your scenery!

Bridget and Ellyn said...

My seven-year-old son wants to live at your house! He is animal obsessed!