Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Duck Diving – Barrow’s Goldeneye

I needed to go to town today to pick up a package at the post office, make a bank deposit, and get a few groceries.  After finishing all I needed to do, I decided to head up to the mine hill bridge to see if there were any photo ops.  After taking one picture of the opposite side of the riverbank, I decided to turn the car off so I might possibly get more clearer pictures without any motion from the car idling.  After taking my second photo, I spotted a Barrow’s Goldeneye swimming in the same area I was focusing my camera on.  I don’t think he knew I was there where I had the car turned off and there wasn’t any noise because he stayed there the entire time and let me shoot away.  After a few moments, he started diving, diving and diving under the water.  I took a few photos, trying to capture his dives but I was only getting water rings.  After many attempts, I remembered, duh, I have video on my camera.  You’d think that I would remember having that feature from time to time, wouldn’t ya!

IMG_7914  IMG_7915

IMG_7916

IMG_7921

IMG_7923

IMG_7920 IMG_7918

Barrow’s Goldeneye Duck

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you nailed another one. He is a cutie...Max

Anonymous said...

Hes a pretty little duck.....Janis....