Saturday, November 2, 2013

2013 Hoover Halloween & School Carnival

Halloween is usually one of my most favorite holidays but this year it was just kind of here, then gone.  I volunteered to be the person in charge of the face painting booth at the local school Halloween Carnival.  We were asked to be there one hour prior to the carnival start time to get things set up and ready for the children.  I did, however, get to see our one and only trick-or-treater as I was rushing out the door to head to the school.  The Hoover house (favorite home that all attend and talk about) was on my path to the school, enabling me to take some quick, drive-by photos.

IMG_7443

IMG_7443-001

IMG_7445

IMG_7444

IMG_7446

IMG_7447

IMG_7448

IMG_7449

The school Halloween carnival turned out really nice, having a large crowd show up for the event.  We had several children and teens come to the face painting booth.  I had asked a couple of ladies from the valley to do the face paintings and I must say, they did a excellent job.  I was going to split it up in groups but these two ladies volunteered to paint for the entire 3-hour block. My only regret is that I didn’t get more pictures of the faces they painted.  Some of them were pretty amazing.  I purchased our paints from Amazon, getting the Snazaroo Ultimate Party Pack – Face Painting Kit.  Just saying, these paints worked wonderful.

IMG_7450

IMG_7452

IMG_7451

IMG_7453

All-in-all, it was a fun night but I did miss sitting on the bleachers in the gymnasium with friends, observing all the fun Halloween costumes and seeing everyone having a great time.  Maybe next year!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like fun. and you all had a good time.....Janis....

Bridget and Ellyn said...

Fun Carnival! Do people come from miles around to see the Hoover house? I'm thinking about coming up to see it!

Seth and Natalie said...

I love that you got pictures of Patterson's at hoovers. First customers of the night, with the first tears. It was scary! The face painting booth was pretty great, I just wish you would have posted a picture of yourself that night!

Amber Sayer Walker said...

I agree with Natalie. We need more pictures of you! Even my blog doesn't have many pics of you because I steal a lot of my pictures from the woman behind the camera! Looks like the carnival was fun! I miss the good ol' Mackay Halloween Carnival!