Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Blueberry Angel Food Cake

My sister sent me a recipe that called for two…only two ingredients!  An angel food cake mix and a can of blueberry pie filling.  I read on another blog where you just mix the two together, put it in a 9x13 cake pan and bake for 27-30 minutes in a 350 degree oven.  She also stated that you must use a cake mix where you only add water.  I happened to have a Betty Crocker mix and that is the one she claimed to work the best.

IMG_7556

She didn’t say anything about the brand of pie filling she used but I had a can Western Family blueberry pie filling so I dumped it in.

IMG_7555

The cake mix kind of took on a foamy, bubbly texture like when you add baking powder to your homemade pancake batter.

IMG_7554

When the timer went off, I took my blueberry angel food cake out of the oven and was totally surprised that it had almost overflowed the top of my baking pan.  This picture was taken about 1 minute after removing it from the oven…..it was even higher than this picture.

IMG_7558

The person from the other blog said, “don’t be surprised when it sinks in the middle”.  I’m glad I was warned ahead of time about this situation cause that is exactly what my cake did.

IMG_7559

BIG TIME!

IMG_7560

Ok, so the texture was strange and it didn’t cut and come out of the pan like a regular cake would.

IMG_7561

But after a little spray of whipping cream, I’d have to say I really like the flavor and will probably make it again. – Yummy!

IMG_7562

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't remember sending one with blueberry. Seems like I sent one with canned lemon pie filling because I knew you liked lemon. Blueberry sounds good also even if it looks weird ha ha.

Anonymous said...

Yum Yum it looks good....Janis...

Seth and Natalie said...

Of course, everything tastes better with a spray of whipped cream!