Monday, November 25, 2013

Fritos Dessert Bars

While surfing the net one day, I came across this recipe for Fritos Dessert Bars.  I thought this recipe sounded strange enough to give it a try.  First off, lightly spray a 9” x 13” cake pan.  Dump a 10-1/4 oz. bag of Fritos in a bowl and crush them a little.

IMG_7572

In a medium sized sauce pan over medium heat, add 1 cup sugar and 1 cup corn syrup.

IMG_7574

Cook, stirring occasionally till this mixture comes to a boil.

IMG_7576

Remove from heat and add 1 cup creamy peanut butter and stir until smooth.

IMG_7577   IMG_7578

Pour over Fritos and stir until Fritos are nicely coated.

IMG_7579

Put the Fritos mixture into your prepared pan and press down with a spatula to spread your mixture out evenly.

IMG_7580

Put 1/2 – 1 cup (I used 1 cup, of course) milk chocolate chips in a small zip lock bag.  Microwave at 30 second intervals, squishing after each time, making sure the chips are melted.

IMG_7581

Snip off a small piece of the corner of your bag and drizzle your melted chips over the Fritos Bars.

IMG_7582

This is where the recipe ended but I opted to spread the chocolate over my Fritos Bars while it was still warm.

IMG_7583

The next step to the recipe says to let set before cutting into squares.  I of course, am not that patient…………..I cut into my Fritos Bars right after smoothing out the chocolate and ate a nice, ooey-gooey piece.  Yummy!

IMG_7584

After letting them cool enough to cut………….and tasting them, they’re not too bad, especially if you like Fritos.  It’s another one of those salty-sweet treats.

IMG_7586

Capture

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

a different dessert than rice krispie treats. They look good..Is it a keeper recipe? Max

Anonymous said...

Looks Good I Want To Try It....Janis....