Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Raking Leaves

What a nice, refreshing morning to rake leaves.  The temperature was in the low 40’s, making it a perfect sweat shirt, raking leaves, morning.  I can’t believe it is still this warm for the middle of November but a cold front is supposed to be moving in.  Yesterday it was so warm I sat outside in my swing for quite awhile, enjoy the warmth while I can.  When I looked outside and saw how nice of a day it was, I thought I might as well get to work on the leaves.  Spring and Summer are really nice for having trees but in the Fall, not so much…………lots of leaves to rake.  But actually, the more I think about it, I enjoyed raking the leaves.  Gives you time to think about many things.  Today I was actually thinking how fun it would be to have grandchildren running and diving in the leaves, having the time of their lives.  Since my daughter is having her first child in January, maybe those leaves will get their joy time in a few years.

IMG_7517

We don’t have a lawn rake (anyways one that I could find) so I used a horse manure rake.  It actually worked really well.  Got the job done.  Well, part of the job done…..I still need to rake the sides and the front of the yard. 

IMG_7521

No comments: