Thursday, November 7, 2013

Applesauce…..Last of the Canning

With the exception of making some plum raspberry jam with some plums that I pureed and froze a few months ago, I’m finished with canning for the season.  Yesterday I did my last batch of applesauce.  Even as typing, I took a deep sigh – funny!  This year, my applesauce has what it looks to be like a layer of apple juice underneath the applesauce.  I’ve never had canned applesauce do this before.  I don’t know what caused the separation…..maybe more moisture content in the apples?…..who knows?  I do know, however, that it will be good to open a jar of apple goodness in the cold winter months ahead.

IMG_7491

IMG_7492

IMG_7493

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sure does look good. yum yum...Janis....

Seth and Natalie said...

Best feeling ever! I've never seen it separate either, but I like how pink and pretty it is!